Parking Lot/Grounds Policy
The Blackstone Public Library welcomes everyone who is using the Library or attending a Library program to park in the Library’s parking lot. Non-library use of the parking lot/grounds is not permitted.
Parking Lot/Grounds Guidelines:
- Parking is allowed within designated spaces.
- No parking in handicapped spaces without a valid permit.
- There is no parking in the middle of the one way entrance.
- Patrons using fifteen minute parking must adhere to the time limit.
- Commuter and overnight parking is prohibited.
- Overnight sleeping on library property, including sleeping in a vehicle, is prohibited.
- There is to be no loitering/pan handling.
- No public forums, rallies or political meetings are allowed.
- Commercial use is prohibited.
- Drugs, smoking, vaping and/or alcoholic beverages are prohibited from library property, including the parking lot.
- Bicycles, roller skates, rollerblades, scooters, skateboards and other coasting devices used as transportation by library patrons are allowed; however, “extreme” use of above mentioned devices, is prohibited.
Violations of this Library Parking Lot/Grounds Policy are subject to the parameters of the Inappropriate Behavior Policy.
The Library does not, at any time or under any condition, assume any responsibility for damage to or theft of, any privately-owned vehicle while in the Library parking lot. The Library is also not liable for personal injury, from any cause what-so-ever, to any person or persons utilizing the Library parking lot/grounds.
Reserving the Parking Lot/Grounds:
- The Parking Lot Reservation Request Form must be completed and submitted to the Library Director at least one week in advance of each request.
- The application form must be completed and signed by a responsible adult representing the organization. The person signing the application will be responsible for the security, safety, and behavior of the group.
- A group cannot transfer its reserved time to another group.
- A group forfeits its reservation if no one from the group is in attendance within 15 minutes of the start of the reserved time.
- In the event of a cancellation, the Library must be notified.
- Groups that repeatedly fail to use the Library parking lot/grounds, at their reserved time, may have these privileges suspended.
- Publicity for non-library related events cannot indicate that the library is a sponsor of the event.
- Event publicity, of non-related library events, cannot include library contact information.
- Advertising material may not be attached to the walls or windows of the Library.
- The parking lot/grounds shall be left neat and orderly. Trash should be properly bagged and removed.
- The Announcement Board is for library events/use only.
- The one-way entrance must be left unobstructed.